Owner / Handyman
I Can Do It, LLC, 7616 Cedarcrest Rd., Knoxville, TN 37938
10 Nov 2017 – Present
Company founded on Veteran’s Day 2017, in response to repeated news stories about residents in and around Knox County, TN being taken advantage of by unscrupulous Home Improvement Contractors and Handymen. With nearly 30 years experience making minor home improvements and repairs for immediate family, relatives, and friends, I have found that my skills are equal to or better than many. Settings include residential, small business, and commercial. High End – High Quality work or Bare Bones -Cost Limited options are available depending on the customer’s desires. I offer my services with unparalleled integrity and provide detailed quotes utilizing my experiences in government contracting.
Handyman Services include, but are not limited to:
• Install doors, door knobs and deadbolts
• Install flooring – laminate, vinyl tiles, hardwood, etc.
• Install telephone and data cabling
• Install cabinets, sinks and faucets in kitchens and bathrooms
• Install garbage disposals in kitchens
• Install fencing – chain link, wood, vinyl
• Drywall Repair
• Walmart, Target & Ikea Furniture Assembly
• Pressure washing homes, driveways, etc.
• Vegetable and Flower Garden Set Up to include irrigation and raised beds (using permaculture principles)
• Brush cutting and tree trimming
• Computer repair
• A wide variety of other office, home, yard, and garden repairs
Free Quotes: firstname.lastname@example.org www.facebook.com/ICanDoItLLC 865-363-7280
Capture Manager / Proposal Manager / Proposal Writer
Independent Contractor / Consultant, 7616 Cedarcrest Rd., Knoxville, TN 37938
14 Sep 2017 – Present
Provides business consultant services utilizing 7 years’ experience as a Commissioned Air Force Officer and 8 years’ experience in Federal government contracting. Seeks out opportunities for Knoxville area small businesses augmenting their existing Business Development team. Participates in bib/no-bid decision process. Manages and/or participates in proposal preparation and writing including green team, yellow team, and red team reviews. Provides assistance in determining winning pricing strategy. Ensures complete segregation and prevents conflict of interest between customers by clearly defining business verticals and target customers for each client.
Member of Company Management
General Manager — Enterprise Systems 2016 – Present
Program Manager — Communications Infrastructure 2013 – 2016
General Manager — Systems Analysis 2010 – 2013
Project Manager — Communications Infrastructure 2009 – 2013
Hyperion, Inc., 11480 Commerce Park Dr., Suite 120, Reston, VA 20191
Full spectrum manager for all aspect of company Business Development and Operations needs. Division Manager, Program Manager, Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, Project Manager and Installer for contracts involving wired & wireless ISP and OSP infrastructure, Audio/Visual, VoIP, IT Support Services, Information Assurance, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Systems Analysis. Hyperion’s NETCENTS II Program Manager — subcontractor to one NETCENTS II NetOps F&O and one NETCENTS II NetOps SB.
• Trained and assisted local 1st Tier Suppliers in obtaining business bank accounts and DoD compliant invoicing procedures, allowed removal of middle-men and saved the company hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of a contract on Bagram Air Base, became the model for all of Hyperion’s future work in Afghanistan.
• Capture Manager responsible for winning the company’s NASA SEWP V, Navy Seaport-e, and Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) Statewide Cabling IDIQ contract vehicles.
• Contributor to most of the contract and task order wins the company has had since 2009.
• Proposal Manager for SEWP V, NETCENTS II and VITA Statewide Cabling contracts, as well as E-Rate and Air Force standalone cabling contracts – wins in FL, TN and WI.
• Responded to job site to terminate fiber & copper and knocked out punch list items when a recent contract started falling behind schedule.
• Deployed teams and performed work across the US, Europe, Middle East and Southwest Asia.
• 325 + Business contacts in the US, Afghanistan, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, the UK, Guam, Japan, Korea, Turkey, Kuwait, and India.
• Developed prime contractor, subcontractor and supplier relationships as needed in any country.
• Design Engineer for numerous ISP and OSP projects both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Active Top Secret Clearance under the National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM)
Safety & Environmental Specialist
Panasonic Electronic Devices Corporation of America, 5105 S. National Drive, Knoxville, TN 37914
25 July 2007 – 24 December 2008
Sole full-time Environmental, Health & Safety professional for a site containing three diverse manufacturing facilities with over 350 employees by running the company’s OSHA, RCRA, TSCA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act, Air Pollution Control, CFC, and EPCRA programs. Prepared similar and more exhaustive reports for environmental, health & safety requirements specific to Panasonic Corporation. Included all materials use, recycling and disposal to meet stringent Japanese national regulations and CO2 reduction strategies. Also responsible for Worker’s Compensation and Facility Security and contributes to Information Security Management, Risk Management, Emergency Management and other duties as required. Managed multiple services contracts to include security guard services and hazardous waste disposal.
• Conducted a review of contractors’ performance and pricing and subsequently transitioned to several new contracts that saved the company several thousands of dollars.
• Selected and purchased automated external defibrillators for the facilities.
• Spearheaded purchase and installation of a new state-of-the-art IP security camera system.
• Became a Certified ISO 14001 Lead Auditor and conducted company internal audits.
• Ran the Safety Committee of volunteer workers, increased involvement and safety motivation.
• Maintained a safety award program to provide incentive for all employees.
• Instituted Department of Homeland Security Chemical Inventory reporting, a new requirement at that time.
Hyperion, Inc., 1660 International Drive, Suite 470, McLean, VA 22102 (see current address above)
8 January 2007 – 23 July 2007
Provided on-site project management, leadership, administrative and logistical support to a team of IT Installation Technicians, Electricians and labor in the installation of Defense Commissary Agency Inside Plant communications infrastructure and electrical upgrades in preparation for the installation of their new Point of Sale (PoS) system. Worked sites from Bangor Air National Guard Base, Maine to Fort Lewis, Washington.
• Ensured compliance with a strict project schedule by maintaining a high rate of efficiency, finishing sites on schedule or ahead of schedule every time.
• Conducted project on-site performance reviews of assigned traveling electricians and IT Technicians as well as local labor, removing those incompatible with our standards of conduct, performance, and quality of workmanship.
• Maintained 100% accuracy of time cards and receipts.
Security Forces Officer – United States Air Force
Chief of Security Forces – 704th Munitions Support Sq. Ghedi AB, Italy 2005 – 2007
Operations Officer – 65th Security Forces Sq. Lajes Field, Azores 2003 – 2005
Flight Commander – 5th Security Forces Sq., Minot Air Force Base, ND 2001 – 2003
Officer Trainee – Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL 2000 – 2001
Leader/manager/organizer of 50 to 100 AF Security Forces/Custody Forces and a variable number of augmentees. Responsible for weapons, ammunition and tactical gear worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Maintained US custody and security of Air Force Protection Level 1 (Nuclear and Non-nuclear), 2 and 3 resources. Coordinated operations, training and exercises with USAF Security, Safety, Weapons and Aircraft Maintenance as well as host nation (Italian & Portuguese) Air Force Defense Forces including identification of problem areas and outlining corrective actions. Ensured compliance with physical and electronic security system maintenance and test procedures. Performed duties as the Installation Antiterrorism Officer authoring installation level Antiterrorism/Force Protection policies, conducting exercises and evaluations, analyzing intelligence, briefing commanders, conducting Antiterrorism Awareness Training and implementing Force Protection measures as the threat increased. Responsible for ensuring Physical Security (PHYSEC) and Force Protection (FP) engineering were properly used and integrated into procedures, existing facilities, renovations, and new construction. Oversaw the Personnel Security (PERSEC), Information Security (INFOSEC), Operations Security (OPSEC), Resource Protection, Police Services and Emergency Management for US personnel and property.
• Achieved exemplary career progression during a time when Security Forces was severely over manned, slotted for a coveted one-year deployment to a combat zone prior to separation.
• Hand selected to represent the USAF at a major DoD level nuclear security exercise.
• Major player in planning and organizing the first ever USAF – Portuguese AF – Azorean Police Anti-Terrorism Exercise.
• Go to person to conduct VIP escort duty, provide briefings, and assist AFOSI with Personal Protection Duties.
• Developed the first ever Operations Security Program for Ghedi Air Base adapting USAF and USAFE guidance to the local situation.
• Received numerous leadership awards, decorations and certificates:
o Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Year 2002, 2003 & 2004.
o Squadron Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award 2003.
o Air Force Commendation Medal with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster.
o Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
o Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
o National Defense Service Medal
o Air Force Longevity Service Award with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster
o Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with 1 Bronze Star device.
o Air Force Overseas Long Tour Ribbon.
o Air Force Overseas Short Tour Ribbon.
o Air Force Training Ribbon.
o DTRA Certificate of Commendation.
Completed Higher Education
University of North Carolina at Asheville, BS, Environmental Studies, 3.18/4.0
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, Basic Law Enforcement Training, 4.0/4.0
Brevard Community College, AA, General Studies, 3.21/4.0
Fluke Copper Certified Cabling Test Technician, NPS Control # C0916014US
Fluke Fiber Certified Cabling Test Technician, NPS Control # F0916014US
Panduit Certified Installer
Other Training and Past Certifications
CommScope Wired for Wireless
CommScope Uniprise Certified Installer
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certification
OSHA 40 Hour General Industry Course
USAF On-Scene Commanders’ Course
Responsible Officer’s Course (FP Level II)
Dynamics of International Terrorism Course
Air Force Training Course (Train the Trainer)
DTRA Defense Nuclear Weapons School
Air Force Supervisor Safety Training
Air Force Security Forces Officer Course
Air Force Officer Training School (OTS)
Medical First Responder (NC – 40 Hrs)